[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Jboss Cluster on same network does not identify each other

Sasi Kanth do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jun 23 05:10:03 EDT 2010

Sasi Kanth [http://community.jboss.org/people/sasidev] created the discussion

"Jboss Cluster on same network does not identify each other"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/549273#549273

Hi all,

I'm trying to setup a cluster with two Jboss 5.0.1.GA instances (initially) on two different machines sharing same network and have STATIC IP been assigned. When I start those instances using:

./run.sh -c all -g MyPartition -u 239.127.11.11 -b <IP address> -Djboss.messaging.ServerPeerID=<1/2>

both start properly but seldom identify each other. Here are some Observations:

1. Second Instance shows "No. Of members in Cluster: 1". Which means that it did not identify first one.
2. First instance *use to show* "discarded message from non-member [<second instance's ip>]" message.
3. Tested multi-cast using *McastReceiverTest and McastSenderTest*. This *FAILED* as first instance is not sending any message.

     When second instance isn't able to identify how is first recieving message from it?
*MCast FAILED*. Does it mean I need to check Network Configuration? If so what configuration could it be?

Looking forward for response on this issue  :) .

Sasi.

Start a new discussion in JBoss Portal at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2011]