[jboss-user] [JBoss Microcontainer] - Deployer ordering question (JBoss OSGi)

Ales Justin do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jun 24 02:00:11 EDT 2010

Ales Justin [http://community.jboss.org/people/alesj] replied to the discussion

"Deployer ordering question (JBoss OSGi)"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/549412#549412

> In the JBoss OSGi project I have  http://github.com/jbosgi/jbosgi-framework/blob/master/core/src/main/java/org/jboss/osgi/framework/deployers/OSGiStartLevelMetaDataDeployer.java a deployer that adds some metadata to the deployment unit.
I only see you reading from deployment unit, but not writing.
> In the  http://github.com/jbosgi/jbosgi-framework/blob/master/core/src/main/java/org/jboss/osgi/framework/bundle/OSGiBundleState.java OSGiBundleState I want to read that metadata out again after the bundle is installed. Currently in the code it initialises that metadata at the beginning of the start() method but that's really too late because you also want to be able to read out the start level of bundles that are just installed.
> Is there a callback I can add to OSGiBundleState that gets called after my OSGiStartLevelMetaDataDeployer has run but still as part of the bundle install?
I don't understand what exactly do you mean / need.

Start a new discussion in JBoss Microcontainer at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2114]