[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Does the JBM bridge uses a connection pool?

henk de boer do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Jun 27 12:52:45 EDT 2010

henk de boer [http://community.jboss.org/people/henk53] created the discussion

"Does the JBM bridge uses a connection pool?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/549811#549811

Hi,

I'm trying to get a connection pool to work for accessing a remote JBM queue from another JBM (JBoss AS 5.1) instance. I was looking at the bridge mechanism for this.

For instance, this example is taken from the JBM docs:

<mbean code="org.jboss.jms.server.bridge.BridgeService" name="jboss.messaging:service=Bridge,name=TestBridge" xmbean-dd="xmdesc/Bridge-xmbean.xml">
     <depends optional-attribute-name="SourceProviderLoader">jboss.messaging:service=JMSProviderLoader,name=MyRemoteJMSProvider</depends>
     <depends optional-attribute-name="TargetProviderLoader">jboss.messaging:service=JMSProviderLoader,name=JMSProvider</depends>
     <attribute name="SourceDestinationLookup">/queue/testQueue</attribute>
     <attribute name="TargetDestinationLookup">/queue/A</attribute>
     <attribute name="QualityOfServiceMode">0</attribute>

     <attribute name="MaxBatchSize">5</attribute>
     <attribute name="MaxBatchTime">-1</attribute>
     <attribute name="FailureRetryInterval">5000</attribute>
     <attribute name="MaxRetries">-1</attribute>
     <attribute name="AddMessageIDInHeader">false</attribute>
</mbean>

This however has 'provider loaders' as an argument, and thus not something that resembles a structure that is created by the tx-connection-factory element in a -ds.xml file.

According to an article written by Tim Fox ( http://community.jboss.org/wiki/ShouldIcacheJMSconnectionsandJMSsessions http://community.jboss.org/wiki/ShouldIcacheJMSconnectionsandJMSsessions) my performance "+*will suck*"+, if I don't use a connection pool. It goes without saying that I don't want my performance to suck, but everything I read about connection pools only seems to apply to local destinations. Using the bridge was my last resort to get connection pooling to my remote queue, but this too does not seem to use a connection pool.

What gives?

Start a new discussion in JBoss Messaging at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2042]