[jboss-user] [JBoss Cache] - JBoss Cache 3.2.2.GA - table or view does not exist error

Anitha Kothandapani do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jun 28 00:35:28 EDT 2010

Anitha Kothandapani [http://community.jboss.org/people/AnithaKothandapani] replied to the discussion

"JBoss Cache  3.2.2.GA - table or view does not exist error"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/549839#549839

Huray . After going through the source code of Jboss cache , I got to know that, it was the problem with my configuration (cache-config.xml).

Since we have multiple schema in our db, the table name should be prefixed with the schema name before the table name like this below

 cache.jdbc.table.name=<SCHEMA_NAME>.<TABLE_NAME>

Since the dummy table got created in one such schema in the db, the AdjListJDBCCacheLoader:tableExists method returned true in our case. So after appending the <SCHEMA_NAME> in the cache-config.xml, the dummy table got created in my schema.

So if you are multiple schema in the same db , then append the <SCHEMA_NAME>. before the table name. Since the implementation of databaseMetaData.getTables(catalog, schema, tableName, null); expects the schema name before the table name.

Start a new discussion in JBoss Cache at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2052]