[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Memory leak in webapp ?

Jaber C. Mourad do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jun 30 04:51:32 EDT 2010

Jaber C. Mourad [http://community.jboss.org/people/newbeewan] created the discussion

"Memory leak in webapp ?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/550334#550334

Hi,

My configuration is JSF 1.2/Facelet/RichFaces/JBPM4.4 (it was the same with 4.3)/Spring 3

I'm trying to use the new tool deliver by tomcat to find leak particularly in classloader and it find some.

I have lot's of PermGen problems, every time I reloading my app, permgen and memory usage are increasing, and after 4 or 5 webapp deployement, the server crash with a OutOfMemoryException in the permGen...

I increase the permGen to 350Mb which very big and it only permit 1 or 2 more reload...

Is there any solution to help to unload more classes ?

I have created an application listener to close the processEngine at the end of the webApplicationContext and stop the dispatcher thread, it permit to reload the app, but there are always some permgen leaks !

Regards