[jboss-user] [JBoss Cache] New message: "Re: is this a good use for jboss cache"

Galder Zamarreno do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 3 04:32:28 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "is this a good use for jboss cache":

http://community.jboss.org/message/529587#529587

Author  : Galder Zamarreno
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/galder.zamarreno@jboss.com

Message:
How accurate does "Show logged on users" need to be? If 100% accuracy is not needed, you could use a cache instance configured with REPL_ASYNC so that all logged in data is replicated to all nodes and hence, showing all logged in should be just a matter of querying the entire cache contents of one node. I suspect this logged in caching would require a fair bit of cache writes and since you'd have at least 8 nodes in the cluster, I would not recommend using REPL_SYNC, since it would force you to wait for responses from all nodes.

Now, if you also wanted to be able to present the users that are logged to a particular node, you could make sure that the FQN contains the node name, i.e. /users/node1 and then only query that FQN.