[jboss-user] [JBoss Microcontainer Development] New message: "Re: JBREFLECT-5 - Implementing generics in JavassistClassInfo"

Kabir Khan do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 3 05:02:23 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "JBREFLECT-5 - Implementing generics in JavassistClassInfo":

http://community.jboss.org/message/529601#529601

Author  : Kabir Khan
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/kabir.khan@jboss.com

Message:
> alesj wrote:
>
> 1) It should be easy to add some tests for this, right?
> Perhaps we use some on-the-fly generics creation (which Javassist has, afaik), and test this for some reasonable depth.
Yes
> alesj wrote:
> 3) How do you get the generic Type then?

Not sure I understand the question. I've just worked with what was provided, but we need some tests testing the scenario I outlined. We would need to check the Signature attribute of the method and then construct the parameterized ClassInfo as was done for getGenericSuperClass().

> alesj wrote:
>
> 4) What are the issues / pitfalls here?
The main thing is knowing the index of the type parameter we are looking for in the parent class, then getting the type argument using that index used when extending that class and matching that up with the type parameters of the child class. This needs doing for the whole hierarchy. This has been done, but needs some better tests
> alesj wrote:
>
> Like I said, while implementing this, other depending projects are the best test env.
> e.g. Kernel, CL, Deployers and of course the whole AS
> * -Dorg.jboss.reflect.spi.TypeInfoFactory=org.jboss.reflect.plugins.javassist.JavassistTypeInfoFactory

I'll try that