[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] New message: "Receiving message instanceof org.jboss.jms.message.ObjectMessageProxy in MDB"

slekha s do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 3 13:04:05 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Receiving message instanceof org.jboss.jms.message.ObjectMessageProxy in MDB":

http://community.jboss.org/message/529703#529703

Author  : slekha s
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/slekha

Message:
Hi,
In my application,a JMS client (using JBOSS client jars) publishes messages of Object type to a queue configured on JBOSS 5.1.0 GA . The message received by JBOSS is of type *org.jboss.jms.message.ObjectMessageProxy*  and *NOT* *javax.jms.ObjectMessage* . Hence in MDB , I am having to check +if(message instanceof org.jboss.jms.message.ObjectMessageProxy){}+

Since the application is required to be portable to other application servers , it is desirable to eliminate JBOSS pacakge dependecies.Instead of the above check , I would like to have**+if+
**
**+(message *instanceof*+ +ObjectMessage){}+
Please let me know how to address this.

Thankyou!