[jboss-user] [JBoss Microcontainer Development] New message: "logging 2.2.0.CR1 and OnDemandDependencyUninstallTestCase"

Adrian Brock do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 4 06:27:32 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "logging 2.2.0.CR1 and OnDemandDependencyUninstallTestCase":

http://community.jboss.org/message/529883#529883

Author  : Adrian Brock
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/adrian@jboss.org

Message:
I upgraded to logging 2.2.0.CR1 since I was getting some strange dependency/classpath issues
due to a bizarre circular dependency in logging 2.1.0.GA.

logging-log4j -> jboss-cl -> jboss-dependency -> logging-log4j

However, this release has removed the
public Logger(String) constructor
which was used by this test:
http://viewvc.jboss.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/jbossas/projects/kernel/trunk/dependency/src/test/java/org/jboss/test/dependency/controller/test/OnDemandDependencyUninstallTestCase.java?revision=100254&view=markup

Its a bit of a bizarre test to me (playing about a private logger to see if something gets logged), why not just attach an appender?
I've removed the test for now. If you think it is an important test, I'll let you figure out how to recreate it using public api. ;-)