[jboss-user] [JBoss Microcontainer Development] New message: "Re: logging 2.2.0.CR1 and OnDemandDependencyUninstallTestCase"

Ales Justin do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 4 08:25:07 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "logging 2.2.0.CR1 and OnDemandDependencyUninstallTestCase":

http://community.jboss.org/message/529911#529911

Author  : Ales Justin
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/alesj

Message:

> I upgraded to logging 2.2.0.CR1 since I was getting some strange dependency/classpath issues
> due to a bizarre circular dependency in logging 2.1.0.GA.
>
> logging-log4j -> jboss-cl -> jboss-dependency -> logging-log4j
This is my "fault". :-)

The reason is the actual implementation of the TCLMCFilter:
* http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/common/common-logging-log4j/branches/2.1/src/main/java/org/jboss/logging/filter/TCLMCFilter.java
Which does deployment matching based on proper API, instead of wild string guessing (previous impl).

But afaik, main code (not tests) should only depend on logging-spi,
where for tests you exclude the "jboss-cl" part -- then it should work with np.

> Its a bit of a bizarre test to me (playing about a private logger to see if something gets logged), why not just attach an appender?
> I've removed the test for now. If you think it is an important test, I'll let you figure out how to recreate it using public api. ;-)
This is explained in more details in some other thread.
The issue is that we suppress the exception, only posting a warning -- the only way to know if the wanted behavior occured.

Kabir, can you please have a look at this?

ps: what's the issue with the new test, I didn't understand that?