[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] New message: "Re: lookup for remote bean - failure (only from eclipse)"

Yaron Levy do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Mar 7 03:49:34 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "lookup for remote bean - failure (only from eclipse)":

http://community.jboss.org/message/530348#530348

Author  : Yaron Levy
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/reyaron

Message:
Hi,
Thanks for responding.
The following advise didn't help me.
> props.setProperty(Context.URL_PKG_PREFIXES, "org.jboss.naming.client");
I also tried the ENC JNDI lookup way without success.
to my opinion: its a bug in eclipse/jboss or somewhere else.
1. The interesting isue is that it works fine also from eclipse if I change the jboss version from jboss-5.1.0.GA to jboss-6.0.0.M1
2. I found some workaround also in jboss-5.1.0.GA: do the lookup without the suffix: "/remote".
this solution populates my client stub successfully.I still don't understand how it works and how exactly the JNDI lookup guesses whether I want the remote or the local EJB.

Thanks
Yaron