[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] New message: "Re: Jboss fails to start No error in console or logs."

Francesco Marchioni do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Mar 8 03:44:24 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Jboss fails to start No error in console or logs.":

http://community.jboss.org/message/530459#530459

Author  : Francesco Marchioni
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/f_marchioni

Message:
Hello,
Reading you logs seems that your Web server gets fail to start the Web Server ServerSocket. The odd thing is that you don't get what I expected "Bind :Address already in use". Have a look at what ports are busy with

netstat -no -p tcp

Do you have any service bound at port 8083 ?

I'd try to start with a clean state, without other services like Skype, MSN, Outlook etc which sometimes bind to the same port.
If you find any conflict and you cannot solve it by removing external applications, then you can change the port on which the jboss:service=WebService mbean is running (file conf/jboss-service.xml line ~ 210)

Hope it helps
Francesco