[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] New message: "JPQL along with CASE clause and nested SELECTs"

Damian Sinczak do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Mar 9 06:43:22 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "JPQL along with CASE clause and nested SELECTs":

http://community.jboss.org/message/530746#530746

Author  : Damian Sinczak
Email   : damian.sinczak at comarch.com
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/damian.sinczak

Message:
I have two example tables in my DB:

CONTENT - some kind of localized content
- id
- content
- location_id

LOCATION - locations
- id
- name
- parent id - (e.g. parent for city would be provice, for province country and so on)

What I would like to do is to get localized content from DB in proper order. I know that content last time send had Id e.g. 10 and desired location is London. The content I would like to get no have to have id greater that 10 and location London (or it's parent to n level). Another thing would be that if there is no content for id grater that 10 then I would like to receive the one with the smallest id.

So we have here 2 different tasks:
1) localization:
find content from localization X. if content does not exist find content for X parent localization which is Y. If there is no content for Y find one for content for localization Z which is parent of Y. And so on until there is no parent or number of levels N is reached.

2) sequential search
find content with id greater than A, if content does not exist set A to 0 and try to find first content available. So we have some kind of cycle when all content was retrieved, lets start from the beginning.