[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0 Development] New message: "Re: Lookup to java:comp/EJBContext during postconstruction"

jaikiran pai do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 10 00:55:50 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Lookup to java:comp/EJBContext during postconstruction":

http://community.jboss.org/message/530932#530932

Author  : jaikiran pai
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/jaikiran

Message:
> marius.bogoevici wrote:
>

> public class MilkMan implements MessageListener
> {
>
>    @PostConstruct
>    public void doAfterConstruction()
>    {
>       try
>       {
>          Context context = ((Context) new InitialContext().lookup("java:comp/EJBContext"));
>       }
>       catch (NamingException e)
>       {
>          e.printStackTrace();
>       }
>    }
>

> }
>

> Now, I would really like to know whether this assessment is corect and if that is something that is essentially expected to happen given the circumstances. If this is expected behaviour, then I think that we could work around this by treating EJBContext distinctly when injecting resources, but if not, then what would you think that would be the appropriate solution for doing a correct lookup for the purposes of CDI/Weld integration?
It shouldn't fail. If it's failing, then it's a bug (looks like similar to the one we just fixed for EAP-4.x version). And i don't think it's specific to the EJBContext. I guess it will fail for anything under java:comp for that bean. Can you give a quick try by looking up something else under java:comp from within the @Postconstruct of MDB?