[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] New message: "MySQL 5.1 with JBoss ESB 5.0.0"

Tony Bryan do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 11 13:47:30 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "MySQL 5.1 with JBoss ESB 5.0.0":

http://community.jboss.org/message/531478#531478

Author  : Tony Bryan
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/fatllama

Message:
Hi, hope someone can help.  I'm pretty new to building environments, so have posted this in Beginner's corner to avoid annoying people who know what they're doing!

I have successfully installed JBoss SOA Platform 5.0.0 on a Fedra platform, and verified that the server is up and running.
I have also successfully installed MySQL 5.1 and verified that this is working.

I would now like to configure JBoss SOA Platofrm to use MySQL as a datasource, but am finding it extremely difficult to work out how to do this.  The best lead I have so far is:
http://soaengine.wordpress.com/2009/09/16/switch-jbossas-4-2-3-and-jbossesb-4-5-from-hsql-to-mysql/
... but I can't seem to get anywhere with this.

Can someone outline the steps required to configure JBoss ESB 5.0.0 to use MySQL 5.1?

And yes, I've read the manuals but I'm afraid they didn't make much sense to me (and for the record I HAVE achieved a similar feat for the JBoss Portal server by following manuals!).