[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] New message: "Hibernate tools keeps lock on HSQLDB"

Coen Damen do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Mar 14 13:46:35 EDT 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Hibernate tools keeps lock on HSQLDB":

http://community.jboss.org/message/531883#531883

Author  : Coen Damen
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/coenos

Message:
Hi,

I have HSQLDB 1.8.1.2 installed and I am trying to create a Hibernate configuration. I have done this several times already for Oracle, Derby and now HSQLDB. However, with HSQLDB I keep getting the following Exception when refreshing the Hibernate config:

java.sql.SQLException: The database is already in use by another process: org.hsqldb.persist.NIOLockFile at 7a80f893[file =C:\Apps\hsqldb_1_8_1_2\hsqldb\data\seamdemoDB.lck, exists=true, locked=false, valid=false, fl =null]: java.lang.Exception: checkHeartbeat(): lock file [C:\Apps\hsqldb_1_8_1_2\hsqldb\data\seamdemoDB.lck] is presumably locked by another process

I searched the web and apparently Eclipse is keeping the seamdemoDB.lck alive. When I close Eclipse the lock file dissappears. I know I am able to change all to a MEM db but I do not want this.

Today I upgraded Eclipse to use the latest JBoss tools and after a clean install, it worked once, then after an Eclipse restart, it failed again.

Does anyone have a solution for this or do I need to raise a JIRA issue?

Thanks!

Coenos