[jboss-user] [jBPM] New message: "Transaction is not active when calling ejb3/jpa remote service"

John Smith do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Mar 16 04:40:54 EDT 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Transaction is not active when calling ejb3/jpa remote service":

http://community.jboss.org/message/532171#532171

Author  : John Smith
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/dhydrated

Message:
I'm trying to call a ejb3 remote service which has JPA (Eclipse-Link) persisting my object from jbpm 'custom'.

But when I ran the process testcase, everything works fine, but when I ran from the jbpm server, I will below error.

ERROR [TxPolicy] javax.ejb.EJBTransactionRolledbackException:
Internal Exception: org.jboss.util.NestedSQLException: Transaction is not active: tx=TransactionImple < ac, BasicAction: -3f57fe99:d16e:4b9f3957:e67 status: ActionStatus.ABORT_ONLY >; - nested throwable: (javax.resource.ResourceException: Transaction is not active: tx=TransactionImple < ac, BasicAction: -3f57fe99:d16e:4b9f3957:e67 status: ActionStatus.ABORT_ONLY >)
Error Code: 0
Call: SELECT ID, NAME, CODE, code_type, PARENTCODE_ID, CREATEDBY, INUSE, MODIFIEDBY, CREATEDATE, MODIFIEDDATE FROM core_configurationcode WHERE (CODE = ?)
    bind => [DOCSTAT_NEW]
Query: ReadAllQuery(referenceClass=ConfigurationCode sql="SELECT ID, NAME, CODE, code_type, PARENTCODE_ID, CREATEDBY, INUSE, MODIFIEDBY, CREATEDATE, MODIFIEDDATE FROM core_configurationcode WHERE (CODE = ?)")
16:21:57,279 SEVERE [ExecuteJobCmd] exception while executing 'ExecuteActivityMessage[10006]'
javax.ejb.EJBTransactionRolledbackException:
Internal Exception: org.jboss.util.NestedSQLException: Transaction is not active: tx=TransactionImple < ac, BasicAction: -3f57fe99:d16e:4b9f3957:e67 status: ActionStatus.ABORT_ONLY >; - nested throwable: (javax.resource.ResourceException: Transaction is not active: tx=TransactionImple < ac, BasicAction: -3f57fe99:d16e:4b9f3957:e67 status: ActionStatus.ABORT_ONLY >)
Error Code: 0
Call: SELECT ID, NAME, CODE, code_type, PARENTCODE_ID, CREATEDBY, INUSE, MODIFIEDBY, CREATEDATE, MODIFIEDDATE FROM core_configurationcode WHERE (CODE = ?)
    bind => [DOCSTAT_NEW]
Query: ReadAllQuery(referenceClass=ConfigurationCode sql="SELECT ID, NAME, CODE, code_type, PARENTCODE_ID, CREATEDBY, INUSE, MODIFIEDBY, CREATEDATE, MODIFIEDDATE FROM core_configurationcode WHERE (CODE = ?)")
    at org.jboss.ejb3.tx.Ejb3TxPolicy.handleInCallerTx(Ejb3TxPolicy.java:115)
    at org.jboss.aspects.tx.TxPolicy.invokeInCallerTx(TxPolicy.java:130)

I hope there are someone that could help me to solve this issue.