[jboss-user] [JCA] New message: "Re: HornetQ RA integration"

Jeff Mesnil do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 17 15:14:39 EDT 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "HornetQ RA integration":

http://community.jboss.org/message/532613#532613

Author  : Jeff Mesnil
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/jmesnil

Message:
> vickyk wrote:
>
> Using the xa resource with transaction context does not make any sense as there is no tx propagation, in such cases no-tx resource could be used.
I agree. Unfortunately, this is to pass TCK tests and some of them uses the same ConnectionFactory with transactions and others don't.

>  I don't understand how the Session.recovery would be called in tests where there is no tx propagation, if the TX  is not being present in the usecases then i don't see recovery being called ,  therefore the TX recovey mechanism will not call Session::recovery.
> The recovery will come in picture in case of TX only.
>
> I may need to understand the TCK testcase to provide more details.
I was talking about JMS Session.recover(), not XAResource.recover().
Session.recover() is used to recover message acknowledgementswhen the JMS session is not transacted. Sorry for the confusion.

thanks for the clarification,
jeff