[jboss-user] [JCA] New message: "Re: HornetQ RA integration"

Tim Fox do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 17 16:12:37 EDT 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "HornetQ RA integration":

http://community.jboss.org/message/532626#532626

Author  : Tim Fox
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/timfox

Message:
We're discussing this here:

http://community.jboss.org/message/532625#532625

AIUI (Jeff please correct me if I am wrong), the JBoss JCA impl is calling getXAResource() even though no work is being done as part of an XA tx, which seems incorrect to me.

This causes the HQ RA to use an XA session, which never gets enlisted in a tx, and the JBoss JCA impl then expects that xa session that's not enlisted to behave like a non transacted session - again an incorrect assumption.

The only reason JBM worked is due to a hack we put it in to work around this strange JCA impl behaviour. We don't want to have to put the same hack in HornetQ.