[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - New JBoss portal installation throws 'No such user admin' exception

Tong Su do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Mar 22 13:28:24 EDT 2010

Tong Su [http://community.jboss.org/people/suto] created the discussion

"New JBoss portal installation throws 'No such user admin' exception"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/533341#533341

Hi,
I just unzipped the Jboss 2.7.2 bundle on Linux and tried to run it.
On the very first screen, I got "...RuntimeException: org.jboss.portal.identity.NoSuchUserException: No such user No such user admin'."
I have not made any changes to the configurations. So I am using hsql for the portalDS.

Then if i click on the login link and type in admin/admin, the login fails as well.

The problem is that i have another Jboss portal 2.7.2 instance running on a different linux box and it does not have this problem. I cannot think of any differences between the 2.
Can someone please help ?!

Thanks.

Start a new discussion in JBoss Portal at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2011]