[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Installing into JBoss 4.2.3 GA

Martin Husted Hartvig do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 24 09:30:21 EDT 2010

Martin Husted Hartvig [http://community.jboss.org/people/Hagar] created the discussion

"Installing into JBoss 4.2.3 GA"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/533716#533716

Hi,

Looking at the documentation pages I found little on the matter of installing the jboss-ejb3-plugin into JBoss 4.2.3 GA. We need to update as we have a setup where one JBoss connect to a RemoteJMSProvider on a other JBoss. On the 'client' instance we run a MDB which are setup using ejb3 annotations. Due to the fact that JBossMQ is no longer maintained we started using JBoss Messagning, and changed by following this:

 http://labs.jboss.com/file-access/default/members/jbossmessaging/freezone/docs/userguide-1.4.4.GA/html_single/index.html#install http://labs.jboss.com/file-access/default/members/jbossmessaging/freezone/docs/userguide-1.4.4.GA/html_single/index.html#install

(Note that this document doesn't tells much of updating ejb3)

If the JBoss with the RemoteJMSProvider is running as we start the 'client', there are no problem, but when the if the 'server' is down a "javax.management.InstanceNotFoundException: jboss.mq:service=DestinationManager is not registered." is thrown... I'll post the exception below... I found this " http://www.java2s.com/Open-Source/Java-Document/EJB-Server-JBoss-4.2.1/ejb3/org/jboss/ejb3/jms/DestinationManagerJMSDestinationFactory.java.htm http://www.java2s.com/Open-Source/Java-Document/EJB-Server-JBoss-4.2.1/ejb3/org/jboss/ejb3/jms/DestinationManagerJMSDestinationFactory.java.htm" where you in line 68 try to lookup the jboss.mq:service=DestinationManager from inside of the ejb3 part. I found your 1.0.8 installation looking in your pages of  http://www.jboss.org/ejb3/ejb3_4-x_docs.html http://www.jboss.org/ejb3/ejb3_4-x_docs.html  and looking at the code I found that it have been corrected to use the right destination manager. I'm not sure if can you tell me how to upgrade or if I should download the sources of JBoss 4.2.3 and make the changes needed.

Regards,
Martin

{code}javax.management.InstanceNotFoundException: jboss.mq:service=DestinationManager is not registered.
        at org.jboss.mx.server.registry.BasicMBeanRegistry.get(BasicMBeanRegistry.java:523)
        at org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:653)
        at org.jboss.ejb3.JmxClientKernelAbstraction.invoke(JmxClientKernelAbstraction.java:44)
        at org.jboss.ejb3.jms.DestinationManagerJMSDestinationFactory.createDestination(DestinationManagerJMSDestinationFactory.java:75)
        at org.jboss.ejb3.mdb.MessagingContainer.createTemporaryDestination(MessagingContainer.java:573)
        at org.jboss.ejb3.mdb.MessagingContainer.createDestination(MessagingContainer.java:512)
        at org.jboss.ejb3.mdb.MessagingContainer.innerCreateTopic(MessagingContainer.java:471)
        at org.jboss.ejb3.mdb.MessagingContainer.jmsCreate(MessagingContainer.java:395)
        at org.jboss.ejb3.mdb.MessagingContainer.innerStart(MessagingContainer.java:166)
        at org.jboss.ejb3.mdb.MessagingContainer.start(MessagingContainer.java:152)
        at org.jboss.ejb3.mdb.MDB.start(MDB.java:126)
        at org.jboss.ejb3.ServiceDelegateWrapper.startService(ServiceDelegateWrapper.java:103)
        at org.jboss.system.ServiceMBeanSupport.jbossInternalStart(ServiceMBeanSupport.java:289)
        at org.jboss.system.ServiceMBeanSupport.jbossInternalLifecycle(ServiceMBeanSupport.java:245)
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor5.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at org.jboss.mx.interceptor.ReflectedDispatcher.invoke(ReflectedDispatcher.java:155)
        at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.dispatch(Invocation.java:94)
        at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.invoke(Invocation.java:86)
        at org.jboss.mx.server.AbstractMBeanInvoker.invoke(AbstractMBeanInvoker.java:264)
        at org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:659)
        at org.jboss.system.ServiceController$ServiceProxy.invoke(ServiceController.java:978)
        at $Proxy0.start(Unknown Source){code}

Start a new discussion in EJB 3.0 at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2029]