[jboss-user] [jBPM] - New version of process with modification in java class : the change is not taken into account

Valery LEPRETRE do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 24 10:07:27 EDT 2010

Valery LEPRETRE [http://community.jboss.org/people/v.lepretre%40cadwin.com] replied to the discussion

"New version of process with modification in java class : the change is not taken into account"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/533722#533722

Hi Maciej,

Thanks for the zip. I'll look in it as soon as  possible.

> I mean that I deploy my resources directly to data base using ant task,  pretty the same as test cases do. So application server is not involved  at all. I suspect that this is the case for you. That either classes or  class loaders are cached somehow...

Yes,  I do the same. Direct writing in the database with Ant. I suppose too it's a cache problem.

> I would say that these that are stored in data base but as your case  illustrates it is not always true. Since either way class loaders are  involved it is probably issue with them. If classes are not available  for application server (not placed in userlibs) then the only one is to  load them from LOB.
Does it mean the java code is read from the LOB and compiled before it's use?

I've done the following test (still with JBoss 5.1.0 and with Oracle & HSQLDB)

I deploy my famous "Test2" process
I stop the JBoss server
I remove the jar file from userlibs
I restart JBoss and run Test2 (the process works)
With a query, I set to null (empty) the LOB corresponding to the Java1 class
I run Test2, it's Ok
I stop and start JBoss
I run Test2, *it's Ok* (Wow)
With a query, I set to null (empty) the LOB corresponding to the process definition.
I run Test2, ** and I get a beautiful "*org.jbpm.api.JbpmException*" (which seems normal)

So I think it's a problem related to JBoss (cache), but I don't know where to look to fix that problem. Have you an idea?

Thanks again for your time

Valéry

*
*