[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - Eclipse and JBT faster on Linux vs. Windows?

Arbi Sookazian do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Mar 26 01:05:21 EDT 2010

Arbi Sookazian [http://community.jboss.org/people/asookazian] created the discussion

"Eclipse and JBT faster on Linux vs. Windows?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/534105#534105

I've used Eclipse and JBT for years on Win boxes (mostly XP and now Win7).  I've always complained about how slow Eclipse is and perhaps some of that has to do with all the plugins that are eagerly loaded on startup (i.e. slow startup time when switching workspaces).

I installed Eclipse 3.5.x on Ubuntu 9.10 today and installed JBT 3.1.0 and it seems to be running much faster.

Is this a generally accepted behavior?  Just wondering if I should try to switch my desktop dev envmt to some Debian-based OS like Ubuntu and ditch Windows altogether???  thx.