[jboss-user] [JCA] - MDB - JCA Transaction issue

srinivaas venkat do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Mar 26 05:04:56 EDT 2010

srinivaas venkat [http://community.jboss.org/people/sv_srinivaas] replied to the discussion

"MDB - JCA Transaction issue"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/534124#534124

Adrian, Thanks for your quick response,

After enabling trace I could see that the transaction was set to RollbackOnly when an exception occurs while connecting to node1 (because of the temporary network failure). I'm using Hornetq jca adapter to connect the mdb to queue nodes.

Is it because the execption thrown (after attempting to connect to node1) is a system exception that the transaction is set to rollbackOnly? If that is the case is it not possible to send the message to node2 even after getting an exception (while connecting to node1) with the transaction type set to REQUIRED?

If I use Transaction as NOT_SUPPORTED or BMT everything works fine but is it not possible with CMT/transaction as REQUIRED? Pls help!

I've also attached the log file showing the transaction rollback status before and after exception.

Start a new discussion in JCA at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2098]