[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Async Fork Transaction Issues

Rachel Hodos do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 31 21:01:12 EDT 2010

Rachel Hodos [http://community.jboss.org/people/rhodos] created the discussion

"Async Fork Transaction Issues"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/535039#535039

Hi,

I am trying to get an async fork test process working on jBPM 4.3.  I am using the HSQLDB with the default configuration except that the job executor is activated to allow concurrency.  The process just forks into two custom nodes, A and B, where their names should be printed 5 times with pauses in between each print.  It works as expected in sync mode, but with async, I am having issues:

1) When run as a Java application , the following exception is thrown:
*
*
*org.hibernate.StaleObjectStateException: Row was updated or deleted by another transaction (or unsaved-value mapping was incorrect): [org.jbpm.pvm.internal.model.ExecutionImpl#7]*

2) When run as a unit test, each node only prints its name once, and the test passes.

I know that someone else posted the same error message (See  http://community.jboss.org/message/525042#525042 http://community.jboss.org/message/525042#525042) and said that theirs worked as a unit test, and the conclusion was just to wait for 4.4.  However, I really don't have much time!  Can anyone verify whether 4.4 will fix this issue and when is the expected release date, or let me know what I'm doing wrong, or give me advice for a workaround?

Please help!
Thanks,
Rachel