[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Releasing Task to a Group (Swimlane defined)

zecas zecas do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon May 3 10:57:53 EDT 2010

zecas zecas [http://community.jboss.org/people/zecas] created the discussion

"Releasing Task to a Group (Swimlane defined)"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/540802#540802

Hi,

I have the following process definition:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<process name="Request Project" xmlns="http://jbpm.org/4.3/jpdl">

    <swimlane name="user-list" candidate-groups="user" candidate-users="mary,alex" />

    <start name="start">
        <transition to="request_project" />
    </start>

    <task name="request_project" swimlane="user-list">
        <transition to="end" />
    </task>

    <end name="end" />

</process>

After starting an instance, I can assign the task to a specific user:

TaskService taskService = processEngine.getTaskService();
taskService.takeTask("310002", "peter");

Now I can pickup the task with user "peter" and complete it.

But I don't want to do it, I want to release the task back to the group.

How can I do it? I can't seem to find a way of doing it.

Thanks