[jboss-user] [jBPM] - How does jBPM 4.3 manage process definitions?

HuiSheng Xu do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat May 8 20:43:42 EDT 2010

HuiSheng Xu [http://community.jboss.org/people/rebody] replied to the discussion

"How does jBPM 4.3 manage process definitions?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/541904#541904

Hi Christian,

  jBPM 4.3 didn't save processDefinition and Activity into Database any longer.  It just save the original xml into JBPM4_LOB table.  And it will parse the original xml then get the ProcessDefinition, Activity and etc.  There was a RepositoryCache component in the ProcessEngine.  And jBPM 4.3 use RepositoryCache to save the already parsed ProcessDefinition.  So PVM could support multiple process language, we needn't create our own table in database for new process language,  only need to save original xml into database and customize our own DeployParser to parse it.

 And jBPM 4.3 will save the processDefinitionName, processDefinitionKey, processDefinitionVersion and processDefinitionId to JBPM4_DEPLOY_PROP table.  So it could search ProcessDefinition with these properties.  If you want to find ProcessDefinitions that have same key and different version I could find these information from JBPM4_DEPLOY_PROP.

regards