[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - Deployment problems

Johannes Krämer do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 12 12:54:13 EDT 2010

Johannes Krämer [http://community.jboss.org/people/johannesk] created the discussion

"Deployment problems"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/542643#542643

Hi,

I'm using JBoss AS 5.1 and ESB 4.8 together with the JBoss Tools Server Adapter for controlling the server in Eclipse (JBoss 5.1 Runtime Server). The adapter works fine for starting and stopping the server, however, there are some strange problems when it comes to deployments:

- Dynamic Web Projects and ESB projects are not updated when I choose incremental publish. Although they are marked as "Synchronized" after an incremental publish, any changes at the code would only work after I do a full publish.

- With EJB projects (without EAR) things are even worse, as any code changes after the first deployment would only be effective after removing and republishing the project (incremental as well as full publish simply does nothing in that case).

- But the biggest problem are jBPM projects, because they don't publish at all. It doesn't depend on the type of publishing (full or incremental), the process just doesn't show up in the jBPM console. However, if I deploy an exported .par file manually, it works fine.

Am I doing anything wrong or could this be some bug?

Kind regards

Johannes Krämer