[jboss-user] [jBPM] - jBPM 4 is dead?

Kasinarayanan Gopalakrishnan do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu May 13 15:18:08 EDT 2010

Kasinarayanan Gopalakrishnan [http://community.jboss.org/people/gkasinarayanan%40gmail.com] replied to the discussion

"jBPM 4 is dead?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/542948#542948

Its disappointing,we started with JBPM3 and waited for stable JBPM4,since there was major change with architecture from 3 to 4.
When we look into 4 again, there is announcement that 4 will become 5.
I'm a end user who researches on open source projects for enterprise use,
Its fine to take it a on a positive note but it would be helpful if more information is provided on the roadmap of upgradation from 4 to 5.
Will there be major change from 4 to 5?
Do all the community users has to stay way from JBPM4 for a while?
of-course its open source and we can work with code base of  4 ;-), wont it become a dual channel on the same objective?
We are expecting a WIN-WIN strategy,atleast a definitive answer on the migration plans for all those who have put their efforts in 3,4 so far.