[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Setting Attribute Values with @Service

Brad Collins do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu May 13 16:31:54 EDT 2010

Brad Collins [http://community.jboss.org/people/bradleyscollins] created the discussion

"Setting Attribute Values with @Service"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/542957#542957

We are converting from JBoss 4.2 to JBoss AS 5.1. I'm converting our SARs from using deployment descriptors to using annotations, and I cannot figure out how to set attribute values using annotations.

Our jboss-service.xml file for JBoss 4.2 looks something like this (names changed to protect the innocent):

<server>
  <mbean code="messagebus.service.MessageBusService" name="jboss.jmx:service=MessageBus" interface="messagebus.service.MessageBusServiceMBean">
    <attribute name="ApplicationName">bus</attribute>
    <attribute name="JnpProviderUrl">ssl://localhost:61617</attribute>
    <attribute name="ConfigTopic">config</attribute>
  </mbean>
</server>

Using annotations for 5.1, the source code is as follows:

@Management

public interface MessageBusServiceMBean {

}

@Service(name="jboss.jmx:service=MessageBus")
public class MessageBusService implements MessageBusServiceMBean {
}

So then, how do I set my ApplicationName, JnpProviderUrl, and ConfigTopic attributes?

Start a new discussion in EJB 3.0 at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2029]