[jboss-user] [JBoss Microcontainer Development POJO Server] - Implementing a non-flat deployment for Weld Integration

Flavia Rainone do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri May 14 07:44:26 EDT 2010

Flavia Rainone [http://community.jboss.org/people/flavia.rainone%40jboss.com] replied to the discussion

"Implementing a non-flat deployment for Weld Integration"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/543072#543072

> Ales Justin wrote:
>
> > So, Ales, how do you think this should be done? I think we have plenty of code in the ClassPools that do exactly that, mirror the ClassLoader structure in a way that allows us to find the classes and xml files in META-INF dirs. Maybe there is a way of reusing part of the ClassPool code to do this?
> It is similar in a way, but I don't see how you would be able to re-use it.

You are right. The point is that ClassPools contain the algorithm for finding Classes and other resources in the classpath. This means we need to take care of imports and exports and other complex stuff.

For WELDINT-1, all we need to do is to see the module hierarchy as you suggested, as that allows us to map the modules to BDAs and to yet see which BDAs are visible to a specific BDA.

The only thing that I see is duplicate here is RegisterModuleCallback/DomainRegistry. We need to keep track of modules and to map those to ClassLoaders. I'm duplicating this stuff for now, but we should definetly review this in the future.

Start a new discussion in JBoss Microcontainer Development POJO Server at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2116]