[jboss-user] [jBPM] - start a process within another process in jbpm 4.3

Al Nadein do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon May 17 11:09:50 EDT 2010

Al Nadein [http://community.jboss.org/people/matrixpooh] replied to the discussion

"start a process within another process in jbpm 4.3"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/543422#543422

Hi HuiSheng,

Thanks a bunch for following up.

I was asking a pretty basic question: how to close processes from an activity handler of another process. ExecutionService::endProcessInstance() all that I needed.
But I ran into another issue doing this call: the processes i need to close are collections of human tasks. All or any of the tasks may be pending at the moment of ending their processes. The call to endProcessInstance() fails with integrity constraint: can't delete "swimlane" records due to "task" child records. Looking into it now. If you have any ideas, would be grately appreciated