[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services] - getPort() call takes too long

bu jo do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 19 08:12:08 EDT 2010

bu jo [http://community.jboss.org/people/bujo] replied to the discussion

"getPort() call takes too long"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/543821#543821

After I downloaded the sources of the JavaWS native stack 3.2.0.GA and debugged through the code, I was able to identify the piece of code that consumes so much time:

Class: ServiceDelegateImpl.java
Method: private <T> T getPortInternal(EndpointMetaData epMetaData, Class<T> seiClass)
Line 268: synchronized (epMetaData)

With one partner system it takes 1 to 2 seconds, with the other nearly 8 to 10 seconds.

[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2044]