[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Security principal propagation accross ejb3 modules

Davide Tabarelli do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 19 10:19:18 EDT 2010

Davide Tabarelli [http://community.jboss.org/people/giantPM] created the discussion

"Security principal propagation accross ejb3 modules"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/543867#543867

Hi,

I'm developing an enterprise application within JBoss 5.

I have multiple EJB3 modules in a single ear, each one under the same security domain.
Authentication works properly and the ClientLoginModule is required in the application policy.

My question is the following: if the client (or the web tier) calls EJB 1 that in turns call EJB 2 (both secured) is the security Principal propagated correctly?

It is giving me a principal: null exception when the second EJB is called in the stack ..

Where I'm wrong?

Thanks in advance.

D.

Start a new discussion in EJB 3.0 at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2029]