[jboss-user] [JBoss Microcontainer] - Deployment ordering on HornetQ destinations and MDBs

Jeff Mesnil do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri May 21 09:18:59 EDT 2010

Jeff Mesnil [http://community.jboss.org/people/jmesnil] replied to the discussion

"Deployment ordering on HornetQ destinations and MDBs"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/544214#544214

After talking to carlo this morning, I have updated HornetQ RA activation code so that it attempts multiple time to setup if there is an issue (connection failure, destination not bound, etc.)

This means that eventually the MDB will be properly activated once HornetQ AS deployers will have deployed their resources.
However this is suboptimal: on server start, we have a WARNING and a reconnection attempt because the MDB is activated before HornetQ resources are deployed.

AIUI, this brings HornetQ RA code on par with AS generic RA.
It seems the same deployment ordering issue is also present when using AS generic RA and JBoss Messaging:  http://wwwapps.rdu.redhat.com/w3xpastebin/pastebin.php?show=19069 http://wwwapps.rdu.redhat.com/w3xpastebin/pastebin.php?show=19069

How can we solve this so that everything is deployed in the correct order, whether it is HornetQ or JBoss Messaging?
>From the different conversations I had, I understood that it is not possible to have ordering between deployment units. What can we do to ensure the messaging server resources are effectively created before MDBs are activated?

Start a new discussion in JBoss Microcontainer at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2114]