[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services] - How to enable compression for clients?

Baradon Terendil do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri May 21 11:00:34 EDT 2010

Baradon Terendil [http://community.jboss.org/people/baradon] created the discussion

"How to enable compression for clients?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/544241#544241

Hi,

I'm currently developing a simple session bean for JBoss 5.1, which acts as a web service client.  I would like to enable gzip compression, but it doesn't seam to work.  The code is:

    BindingProvider portBindingProvider = (BindingProvider) port;    Object headers = portBindingProvider.getRequestContext().get(MessageContext.HTTP_REQUEST_HEADERS);    Map ctxt = portBindingProvider.getRequestContext();    ctxt.put(MessageContext.HTTP_REQUEST_HEADERS, httpHeaders);

But the HTTP-headers sent by the request still do not contain the "Accept-Encoding" line.  In fact, whatever I add to the headers does not appear in the real request.

Is there any way to enable compression for client-calls?  The web service I'm calling will return quite a large list, so compressing would help a lot.

Cheers,

Heiner

[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2044]