[jboss-user] [JBoss Remoting] - Need help in configuring JMS with JBoss Messaging in JBoss 4.2.3

Prabhu Natarajan do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu May 27 04:32:02 EDT 2010

Prabhu Natarajan [http://community.jboss.org/people/prabhun] created the discussion

"Need help in configuring JMS with JBoss Messaging in JBoss 4.2.3"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/545019#545019

Hi,

We were using JBoss MQ with JBoss 4.2.3. Now we have replaced JBoss MQ with JBoss Messaging by going through the migration instructions provided in the JBoss User guides.

We have a number of Client systems (Java Swing based Reports) who were subscribed to the JMS (MQ implementation) in JBoss 4.2.3. Whenever a message arrives to the 'JBoss server TOPIC' all clients will receive that message. Message is sent by Oracle to JBoss server TOPIC through webservice call.

Now as we have replaced MQ with Messaging, I would like to know what are all the configurations I should take care for the above scenario to work.

*We have the following Environment details:*

JBoss server : 4.2.3
JBoss Messaging: 1.4.2.GA-SP1
JBoss Remoting: 2.2.2.SP8

I have gone through the documents/guides and setup the following.

*1. Server side setup:*

connection-factories-service.xml

Add the below entry to the above file (attached)
mbean code - name="jboss.messaging.connectionfactory:service=CyrusConnectionFactory"

Added the below entries to remoting-bisocket-service.xml file (attached)
<attribute name="secondaryBindPort">14000</attribute>
 <attribute name="secondaryConnectPort">14001</attribute>

*2. Client side setup:*

Our client code which receives the message from TOPIC is in JMSTopicClient.java (attached)

I have the following jars on the client side class path:

jboss-messaging-client.jar
jboss-remoting.jar
jbossall-client.jar
jboss-aop-jdk50.jar
javassist.jar
trove.jar

*Now when I invoke the client I get the following exceptions:*

*First exception:*

4047 [main] TRACE  org.jboss.util.propertyeditor.PropertyEditors  -  Mapping properties for  bean: SocketClientInvoker[b988a6,  bisocket://uktapp02.tui.de:4457]
 4047 [main] TRACE  org.jboss.util.propertyeditor.PropertyEditors  -  Property editor found  for: pingFrequency, editor:  java.beans.PropertyDescriptor at d49b6d85,  setter: public void   org.jboss.remoting.transport.bisocket.BisocketClientInvoker.setPingFrequency(int)
 4047 [main] TRACE org.jboss.util.propertyeditor.PropertyEditors  -   Property editor found for: numberOfCallRetries, editor:   java.beans.PropertyDescriptor at b82b85fb, setter: public void   org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.MicroSocketClientInvoker.setNumberOfCallRetries(int)
 4047 [main] TRACE org.jboss.util.propertyeditor.PropertyEditors  -   Property editor found for: marshaller, editor:   java.beans.PropertyDescriptor at 4ebe59ab, setter: public void   org.jboss.remoting.MicroRemoteClientInvoker.setMarshaller(org.jboss.remoting.marshal.Marshaller)
 4047 [main] TRACE org.jboss.util.propertyeditor.PropertyEditors  -   Failed to find property editor for: marshaller
 4047 [main] TRACE  org.jboss.util.propertyeditor.PropertyEditors  -  Failed to write  property
 java.lang.NullPointerException
     at   org.jboss.util.propertyeditor.PropertyEditors.mapJavaBeanProperties(PropertyEditors.java:373)
     at   org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.MicroSocketClientInvoker.setup(MicroSocketClientInvoker.java:405)

*Second exception:*

25048 [main] ERROR org.jboss.jms.client.JBossConnectionFactory  - Failed to download and/or install client side AOP stack
org.jboss.jms.exception.MessagingNetworkFailureException
    at org.jboss.jms.client.delegate.DelegateSupport.handleThrowable(DelegateSupport.java:240)
    at org.jboss.jms.client.delegate.DelegateSupport.doInvoke(DelegateSupport.java:205)

Caused by: org.jboss.remoting.CannotConnectException: Can not get connection to server. Problem establishing socket connection for InvokerLocator [bisocket://uktapp02.tui.de:4457//?JBM_clientMaxPoolSize=200&clientLeasePeriod=10000&clientSocketClass=org.jboss.jms.client.remoting.ClientSocketWrapper&dataType=jms&marshaller=org.jboss.jms.wireformat.JMSWireFormat&numberOfCallRetries=1&numberOfRetries=10&pingFrequency=214748364&pingWindowFactor=10&socket.check_connection=false&stopLeaseOnFailure=true&timeout=0&unmarshaller=org.jboss.jms.wireformat.JMSWireFormat&validatorPingPeriod=10000&validatorPingTimeout=5000]
    at org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.MicroSocketClientInvoker.transport(MicroSocketClientInvoker.java:579)

I would like to know if I am missing anything here and how to resolve the above exceptions and make messaging work?

Thanks

Prabhu

Start a new discussion in JBoss Remoting at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2050]