[jboss-user] [jBPM Development] - SubProcess signaling issue

Maciej Swiderski do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu May 27 05:51:35 EDT 2010

Maciej Swiderski [http://community.jboss.org/people/swiderski.maciej] replied to the discussion

"SubProcess signaling issue"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/545036#545036

It looks like we are talking about two different things  ;)

What I am trying to say is that I would like to ensure that signalExecutionById(mainProcessId) will not signal running but not yet finished sub process. At the moment when your process has a sub process in a wait state and you signal as above then will signal sub process activity regardless of the state it currently is. Result of it will be:
- main process will move on
- sub process will be left unfinished - end method will not be invoked and this execution will not be deleted

My suggestion is to prevent of signaling sub process activity when it is running. You don't need to fetch it from db since when signal method is executed you have access to both main and sub process instances.
Will attach a patch today to jira.

Start a new discussion in jBPM Development at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2035]