[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - Don't know how to obtain X509Certificate from class:java.lang.String

R M do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri May 28 07:26:59 EDT 2010

R M [http://community.jboss.org/people/apoth] created the discussion

"Don't know how to obtain X509Certificate from class:java.lang.String"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/545270#545270

I get this at the end of a stack trace:

Caused by: javax.security.auth.login.LoginException: Don't know how to obtain X509Certificate from: class java.lang.String
    at org.jboss.security.auth.spi.BaseCertLoginModule.getAliasAndCert(BaseCertLoginModule.java:320)
    at org.jboss.security.auth.spi.BaseCertLoginModule.login(BaseCertLoginModule:194)

I'm trying to use BaseCertLoginModule to authenticate.

Can anyone suggest what the cause of this is and how I might be able to fix it? I've tried checking the documentation for the login module and after a few days I'm not really get anywhere.

Thanks