[jboss-user] [JNDI and Naming] - JBoss 4.0.2 -> 5.1 problem with EJB3 lookup via jndi

Balaÿ Clément do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 4 11:39:08 EDT 2010

Balaÿ Clément [http://community.jboss.org/people/skin123] created the discussion

"JBoss 4.0.2 -> 5.1 problem with EJB3 lookup via jndi"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/569674#569674

Hello,
my problem is verry simple but i dont know if a solution exists. The global JNDI name has changed between jboss 4.0.2 and 5.1.

By exemple I have one EJB named *PostManagerBean* with interface *PostManager*

@Stateless
@Local(PostManager.class)
public class PostManagerBean implements PostManager {
}

public interface PostManager {
}

To load this EJB with JBoss 4.0.2 i use: *context.lookup("com.post.PostManager")*
with Jboss 5.1, I need to use *context.lookup("PostManagerBean/local")*

Is it possible to configure JBoss 5.1 to set the format of EJB3 jndi name inscription ?
i.e I'd like to load EJB3 in JBoss 5.1 with: *context.lookup("com.post.PostManager")* without annotation changement in my bean (with annotation @LocalBinding).

Thank you very much for responses

Start a new discussion in JNDI and Naming at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2083]