[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: Exception Handler support in jBPM 4.4

Artur Wójcik do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 8 05:06:53 EST 2010

Artur Wójcik [http://community.jboss.org/people/dill_2004] created the discussion

"Re: Exception Handler support in jBPM 4.4"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/570037#570037

It seems to me that Michal had in mind discussed problem in  http://community.jboss.org/thread/146114 http://community.jboss.org/thread/146114,
I' m new in jbpm and I was expecting something to handle errors, something automatic and intelligent, something out of the box,
which repeat operations.

Now in ths level of my knowledge, Now I don't see hint given by Ronald

"What I do not get is why you would not want to wrap them in another java class but do want to handle the exeption in a certain node where you most likely need to create custom java classes per class you have.
How many classes are we talking about? 4? 6? 100?
If there are many, you can always look at the implementation of JavaActivity and JavaBehaviour and create ONE custom node that does waht you want AND can direct/steer the process.... So... be creative, be patient, be polite...."

I feel in here a lot of repeated xml elements in every jpdl, and maybe repeated code(smells bad practices),
I mean a lot of processes with a lot of activites, component nodes, custom nodes, java nodes in
enterprise,heterogenous environment where is communication beetween different EIS
it was nice to no attention about Connection refused, marshalexception, or any remote exception,or any technical error ...
knowing that is mechanism to repeat operation...

It is something pattern in jpdl+java to create handler error which can use transparently and
resolve above problems ?

Best regards

Artur