[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: jBPM 4 - Deploy only if ProcessDefinition changed or new

Andrea Castangelo do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 8 12:23:36 EST 2010

rapa [http://community.jboss.org/people/rapa] created the discussion

"Re: jBPM 4 - Deploy only if ProcessDefinition changed or new"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/570110#570110

Hi Michael,

I am afraid that findLatestProcessDefinitionByName() allows you to get the Process Definition by name and not by resource name (the name of the xml file, which is the only information I have at startup).

Even if it might not be useful for my case, how do you get the RepositorySession object in a clean way?

I see in the GetActivityCoordinates they get it like this:

environment.get(Repository.class)

but how to get the Environment?

EnvironmentImpl.getCurrent()

returns null.

I went through all classes containing the word resourceName in the jbpm4.4 source code but I don't see anything useful.
It doesn't seem to me that I am trying to solve any nasty problem, shouldn't it be something quite standard?

If it was possible to specify the process definition version (like the name or the key) in the process.jpdl.xml file it would have been solved already. Any solution to this?