[jboss-user] [jBPM] - How can we compare null in the jpdl file

Bo meng do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Nov 9 15:35:08 EST 2010

Bo meng [http://community.jboss.org/people/billmeng70] created the discussion

"How can we compare null in the jpdl file"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/570360#570360

Hi there,

I have below information in my jpdl.xml file,

decision name="waitDecision">
  <transition name="OK" to="wait">
   <condition expr="#{responseData == null}"/>
  </transition>
  <transition to="end"/>
 </decision>

If I set responseData a null value and I got exception like below
INFO: exception while executing command  mailto:org.jbpm.pvm.internal.cmd.StartProcessInstanceInLatestCmd at 13d638c org.jbpm.pvm.internal.cmd.StartProcessInstanceInLatestCmd at 13d638c
org.jbpm.api.JbpmException: script evaluation error: javax.el.PropertyNotFoundException: Cannot find property responseData
 at org.jbpm.pvm.internal.script.ScriptManager.evaluate(ScriptManager.java:130)

It workes in Jbpm 4.0 cr1, now we use Jbpm 4.3. Can we compare null object in jpdl?

Thanks,
Bo