[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - Re: jBoss folders in classpath?

Bruno Melloni do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 15 10:12:06 EST 2010

Bruno Melloni [http://community.jboss.org/people/bmelloni] created the discussion

"Re: jBoss folders in classpath?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/571241#571241

Interesting Wolf-Dieter.  Looks like a clean solution.

At our company we do what jBoss support suggested years ago:  We put our common library JARs in a .SAR.  That way they are exposed to all of the other applications, so that you don't need to add them to the applications ./lib or ./WEB-INF/lib.

We also create .SAR projects for heavily reused integration interface applications (like the code used to interface to our General Ledger app).  It keeps the code (and its configuartion property and .xml files) neatly contained in one app, but is accessible "as a library" to all of the other apps that need it.

We only put things in server/<env>/conf or server/<env>/lib when we want jBoss itself to see something - which is extremely rare.

The original post was caused by something in .../conf apparently not being seen by jBoss, but we discovered that it was unrelated and simply caused by the difference on how jBoss handles deployment of things in .../deploy and .../deploy-hasingleton.