[jboss-user] [EJB3] - Re: EJB 3.1 beans in jars in a war packaged app do not get deployed

Marek Dec do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 22 17:34:35 EST 2010

Marek Dec [http://community.jboss.org/people/marekdec] created the discussion

"Re: EJB 3.1 beans in jars in a war packaged app do not get deployed"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/572301#572301

Hi Jaikiran,

I found an answer to my problem (thanks to your suggestion). I skipped some files in the structure I posted before as I assumed they were insignificant. I was wrong again. It turns out I put a +jboss-scanning.xml+ to work around the JBAS-8361 issue (richfaces with guava). I must have been blind not to see it before.

Anyhow, thanks a lot for your help.

Just for reference, this was my +jboss-scanning.xml+ file:

<scanning xmlns="urn:jboss:scanning:1.0">
<!--
    For JBoss AS 6 integration there is a conflict with guava, and
    google-collections.  JBAS-8361
-->
   <path name="WEB-INF/classes"></path>
   <path name="WEB-INF/lib/guava-r05.jar">
       <exclude name="com.google.common.collect" />
   </path>
</scanning>
{code}

This obviously defines the 'includes' and overrides the default scanning paths. I added the <path name="WEB-INF/lib"></path> tag at the end in order to get JBoss to scan the whole +lib+ directory.

Start a new discussion in EJB3 at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2029]