[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - JBoss Tools 3.2.0 - ESB 4.9 - Helios - questions / problems

Thorsten Heller do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Nov 27 15:11:31 EST 2010

Thorsten Heller [http://community.jboss.org/people/thorsten_heller] created the discussion

"JBoss Tools 3.2.0 - ESB 4.9 - Helios - questions / problems"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/573248#573248

I'm testing jBoss Tools 3.2.0 on Eclipse Helios (Mac OS X Snow Leopard) with jBossESB 4.9.
i got 2 questions / problems:

*1. using jBossTools with jBossESB-server-4.9:*
I created a server runtime envirnment pointing to my jBossESB-server-4.9 directory.
I created in the jboss tools tab a ESB runtime pointing to my jBossESB-server-4.9 directory, too.

I create a new ESB project with target runtime my previously genereted jbossesb-server-4.9 and ESB version 4.9.
I install ESB facet with Server supplied ESB runtime and ESB config version 1.3.

I create a new server in my server window selecting my esb server runtime. when I try to add my newly generated project as a resource to my new server environment, it tells me "The server does not support version 4.9 of the JBoss ESB Module specification." menaing I'm not able to deploy anything on my server.

shortly: my project is configured for ESB 4.9, all libraries are from my esb 4.9 directory. my server is pointing the my esb 4.9 server directory. but during the add / remove ressoures the server won't accept my project.

Any hints ? what did i miss?

*2. using jBossTools with jBossESB 4.9 deployed on a jBossAS 5.1*
I installed jBoss AS 5.1 and jBossESB 4.9 as described in the documentation. I tested my installation with the examples and it works.

Now I'm doing the same steps as descrive above, but of course everything pointing to my jBoss AS directory where I installed the ESB libraries.

In this case my new project is accepted as a deployable ressource on the server. in the server window my project appears under my server with status synchronized. I do some changes. add new services. new channels. services. i'm synchronizing and publishing my project, but it never appears on the server.

Any hints ? did I again miss something?
thanks