[jboss-user] [IronJacamar] - Re: Embedded JCA with Glassfish

Jesper Pedersen do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 29 11:49:07 EST 2010

Jesper Pedersen [http://community.jboss.org/people/jesper.pedersen] created the discussion

"Re: Embedded JCA with Glassfish"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/573460#573460

> I'm working on the integration of IronJacamar (1.0.0.Beta3) with Glassfish (2.1.1).

Wow, neat  :)

> The problem I get even if I try to configure the *naming.xml* file in order to use the local JNDI context

Well, Glassfish already has a naming implementation active - so you need to use that. For that you need to install a bean called "NamingServer" -- by basically replacing ironjacamar-embedded.jar/naming.xml which your own. That bean needs to make sure that the naming environment is initialized.

You can use "new EmbeddedJCA(false)" to boot a clean environment and then deploy each XML file. See which XML files inside the JAR.

There is some documentation here  http://jesperpedersen.github.com/fungal/userguide/en/html/lifecycle.html http://jesperpedersen.github.com/fungal/userguide/en/html/lifecycle.html
And some examples here:  http://jesperpedersen.github.com/fungal/userguide/en/html/examples.html http://jesperpedersen.github.com/fungal/userguide/en/html/examples.html

> And when I specify a xxxxx*-ra.xml* with a *jndi-name* property in the *connection-definition* attribute, I get a +*NotSerializableException*+ from *CachedConnectionManager*.

Two things -- 1) Did your resource adapter deploy without problems when using the standalone distribution -- e.g. no archive validation errors / warnings ?

2) Can you post the full stack trace for that exception ? I need to see the root cause before I fix it

Thanks, and HTH !

Start a new discussion in IronJacamar at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2098]