[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Null session Id in New Window - need help

Sam Kokli do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Nov 30 12:18:49 EST 2010

samko [http://community.jboss.org/people/samko] created the discussion

"Null session Id in New Window - need help"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/573695#573695

To display the html report in New Window, I have set the attribute in a servlet. I am using the following command to open the New Window:

Applet.getAppletContext().showDocument(new URL(UrlAddress), "_blank");

In another servlet, I like to retrieve the attribute value to display it.

HttpSession session = request.getSession(true);
String htmlReport = (String)session.getAttribute("REPORT");

I cannot get the attribute value since session always returns the new session id.

Here is Context.xml:
<!-- The contents of this file will be loaded for each web application -->
<Context cookies="true" crossContext="true">
   <!-- Session persistence is disable by default. To enable for all web
   apps set the pathname to a non-empty value:
   <Manager pathname="SESSIONS.ser" />
   To enable session persistence for a single web app, add a
   WEB-INF/context.xml
   -->
   <Manager pathname="" />
   <!-- Install an InstanceListener to handle the establishment of the run-as
   role for servlet init/destroy events.
   -->
   <InstanceListener>org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.RunAsListener</InstanceListener>
    <SessionCookie path="/" />
</Context>

How can I retrieve the old session id?

Thanks

Start a new discussion in JBoss Portal at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2011]