[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: First jBPM5 snapshots

Kris Verlaenen do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 7 14:06:28 EDT 2010

Kris Verlaenen [http://community.jboss.org/people/KrisVerlaenen] created the discussion

"Re: First jBPM5 snapshots"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/565428#565428

@ Dino Trump

No, jBPM5 will focus on the standardized BPMN 2.0 format for specifying process definitions.  We believe that the BPMN2 specification is more powerful than the old proprietary jPDL format, and will give you the additional benefit of portability, extensibility, etc.

We are working on a migration process to migrate existing jPDL processes to jBPM5, as a combination of best practice guidelines and a semi-automatic migration tool.