[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services] - Re: JBoss 5.1.0 GA web-service client problem when stress testing

Eugen Grosu do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Oct 10 06:48:27 EDT 2010

Eugen Grosu [http://community.jboss.org/people/grosueugen] created the discussion

"Re: JBoss 5.1.0 GA web-service client problem when stress testing"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/565690#565690

On a Linux OS, these errors are not being thrown when running the stress tests with 100 threads. Unfortunately, with 300 threads, it raises some other exceptions (still errors regarding web-service).
Anyway, we reimplement the client with Axis, and now, no more errors! Not even with 300 threads. Tests were done on Linux, not on Solaris yet.

Another problem with the JBoss Web-Service we found was this: we made an update to the jbossws native, to the latest 3.3.1. The build was successful for JBoss 5.1.0, but when wanted to regenerate with wsconsume, the following exception is thrown:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Bad version number in .class file
    at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:124)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:260)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:56)
    at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:268)

Also, I ran ant tests, as it is mentioned in the Install.txt from the jbossws native zip file, but this also fails with:

tests-compile:
    [mkdir] Created dir: /home/eugen/Kits/Java/JBoss/jboss-as-plugins/jbossws-native-bin-dist/output/test-classes
    [javac] /home/eugen/Kits/Java/JBoss/jboss-as-plugins/jbossws-native-bin-dist/tests/ant-import/build-testsuite.xml:372: warning: 'includeantruntime' was not set, defaulting to build.sysclasspath=last; set to false for repeatable builds
    [javac] Compiling 345 source files to /home/eugen/Kits/Java/JBoss/jboss-as-plugins/jbossws-native-bin-dist/output/test-classes
    [javac] /home/eugen/Kits/Java/JBoss/jboss-as-plugins/jbossws-native-bin-dist/tests/java/org/jboss/test/ws/console/ConsoleAccessTestCase.java:27: cannot access org.jboss.wsf.test.JBossWSTest
    [javac] bad class file: /home/eugen/Kits/Java/JBoss/jboss-as-plugins/jbossws-native-bin-dist/deploy/lib/jbossws-common.jar(org/jboss/wsf/test/JBossWSTest.class)
    [javac] class file has wrong version 50.0, should be 49.0
    [javac] Please remove or make sure it appears in the correct subdirectory of the classpath.
    [javac] import org.jboss.wsf.test.JBossWSTest;
    [javac]                           ^
    [javac] 1 error

Java used is jdk 1.5_22, JBoss 5.1.0 version for jdk 1.5

I switched to jdk 1.6, and surprise: no more errors when running wsconsume.sh. Also, build is successful when running ant tests.

Unfortunately, we can not use Java 1.5.

Can someone please give me an advice?
Maybe I'm doing something wrong...

Thanks.